Saturday, November 5, 2011

Starting Line

    After completing my most recent and likely last football season, my personal fitness is about to take on a different dimension. I will no longer be concerned about how much I lift, how fast I run, or how high I jump. Instead I am seeking to maximize aesthetics and overall health- more in line with the majority of people.

   As you can see, my starting point might not be worthy of a lapband billboard ‘before’ shot, however, I'm not at my best. My excuse is that I was injured and then traveling for the last few months. Thankfully my body is healed up, but I am unhappy with my loss of muscularity. My tangible goals are to drop below 6% body fat and gain 10 lbs of muscle. The lack of grueling football games should make the process easier. No more turned ankles, broken fingers, separated shoulders, or bruised ribs to keep me from lifting. So I’m giving myself 8 weeks to achieve a sweet build. I will document my progress, workouts, diet, and offer as much insight as I can along the way.




Day 0
200 lbs

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's your starting body fat %?

Fitness First said...

Just above 8%

Anonymous said...

I suggest a rigorous exercise routine...

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger